It’s in old thermometers.
It’s in the fish we eat.
It’s released from foundries, coal fired plants, and crematoriums.
…and many more places.
Our health-care systems and numerous industries rack up multi-billion dollar profits from the illnesses mercury creates.
Mercury can be the root cause of a significantly large number of health conditions listed in the medical literature including many psychiatric problems.
The brain fog, joint pain, and crushing fatigue your doctor misdiagnosed as Lyme disease? This could be the mercury you received from your flu, hepatitis, or tetanus shot.
The back pain you’ve been suffering from for years? This could be mercury from amalgam fillings you had removed 20 years ago.
The gluten intolerance, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), colitis, bleeding from your bowel? This could be from the mercury thermometer you crushed and played with as a child. You’re unable to conceive? This could be the mercury received from your mother. The Parksinson’s your father suffers from? Have you checked if he ever had amalgams?
Cancer, auto-immune conditions, autism, depression, anxiety, kidney disease, eczema, neurodermatitis, allergies, Multiple Sclerosis, ankylosing spondylitis, Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, endocrine problems, obsessive-compulsive disorder, arthritis, lupus, multiple chemical sensitivities, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, sciatica, gastritis, Crohn’s disease, sleep disorders, anorexia, bulimia, candidiasis – those and more are often caused by mercury. The list is endless…
What happens when you receive glutathione intravenously?
Most mercury in our bodies is firmly bound inside our brain, liver, adrenals, digestive tract. It can be everywhere, hidden in nearly every cell of every organ, muscle, tendon. That’s why urine (including challenge tests), blood and hair tests are mostly useless for the diagnosis of mercury toxicity.
When you receive glutathione intravenously, it mobilizes mercury from deep inside these various tissues. The mercury which was firmly bound inside your liver for example, is now out in the open, floating around, mobilized by glutathione.
But the glutathione does not bond to the mercury strongly enough since it has only one thiol group. Plus, your body metabolizes glutathione, so soon your GSH blood levels start to go down. The mercury will then become detached and swim around, looking to settle down again. Where will it land? Preferably, in an area where there is a lot of sulfur. That’s where mercury gets attracted to. Places like your brain, adrenals, or nerves.
So, after a course of glutathione IVs you can end up with more severe neurological symptoms like depression, inability to concentrate, inability to focus your eyes, increased brain fog, increased headaches, or body pain. Or you could lose your ability to walk or become suicidal.
Those are typical, often reported reactions to glutathione IVs in people who have mercury.
It’s not due to your genetic makeup.
It’s not due to a healing crisis.
It has nothing to do with ozone.
It’s because your well-meaning doctor forgot to do his homework.
Glutathione does not chelate mercury. It makes mercury toxicity worse.
Similar reactions take place in mercury toxic people who ingest chlorella, cilantro, MSM, DMSO, EDTA, or high thiol foods.
How to get rid of mercury the proper way?
In order to properly remove mercury from your system, you need true chelators. A true chelator is a chemical which satisfies the following criteria:
1) It has two thiol groups, also called a di-thiol.
2) It has a known half-life. (A half-life of a chelator is the time it takes half of the original dosage to still be detectable in the blood. Example: if you take 10mg of a chelator with a half-life of 3 hours at 12pm, then at 3pm you will have only 5mg of the chelator in your blood.)
There are currently only 3 drugs which satisfy these criteria: ALA, DMSA, and DMPS.
ALA, Alpha Lipoic Acid. It has a half life of 3 hours.
DMSA, Dimercaptosuccinic acid. It has a half life of 3–4 hours.
Cilantro is also a di-thiol, but its half life is unknown. Hence it cannot be used safely.
In order to chelate safely and effectively one needs to take true di-thiol chelators according to their half-lives. Glutathione is a single thiol agent, hence it cannot remove mercury, only mobilize it.
There are fewer reports of adverse reactions to oral glutathione than to IV glutathione. Why is that? Because oral glutathione is immediately broken down in the digestive tract. It’s like eating very sulfury food. People with low plasma cysteine levels (those who do better on high thiol foods) might do OK with oral glutathione. People with high plasma cysteine levels (those who do better on low thiol foods) will also do poorly on oral glutathione.
Both groups of people show high rates of adverse reactions to intravenous glutathione. Those should never be performed. But people who do better on high thiol foods usually have no or minor problems with oral glutathione.
There is a better way to raise glutathione blood levels than taking oral GSH: by taking precursors like NAC, glutamine and glycine in a 4 : 2 : 1 ratio.
People with a thiol sensitivity should not try to raise their glutathione levels.
How to know whether you’re thiol sensitive or not? Test it by excluding high thiol foods for 7 to 10 days, then introduce one high thiol food and observe your reaction. What happens when you are thiol sensitive is described on this page.
When mercury is not present, does it make sense to combine ozone with glutathione?
Some people might not have mercury toxicity to any clinically significant degree. Being completely free of mercury is impossible, since it’s part of our atmosphere and soil. But some people might have mercury levels tiny enough to not cause any pathologies. Would it then be safe to combine ozone with glutathione IVs? No, it still would not be safe nor would it make any sense.
1) We breathe tiny amounts of mercury every day, on average 2 mcg per day. This might vary depending on how close we live to a coal fired plant, a gold mine, or an active volcano. We also consume mercury in food. So even the healthiest person will have some amount of mercury in their body. Administering such a person glutathione IVs could lead to significantly larger concentrations of mercury in the brain, causing conditions which were not present before.
2) Some studies have shown that increasing the levels of antioxidants is detrimental to one’s health. Oxidative radicals like O-, OH, H2O, and nitrogen oxides are some of the most ubiquitous molecules in our bodies. They are crucial for every single function, from digestion, to proper brain or muscle function. Taking high powered antioxidants has been linked to increased cancer metastases and to decreased athletic performance. Oxygen is life, why destroy it by taking anti-oxygen (anti-life) supplementation? This makes no sense and never has.
3) Ozone is an oxidant, glutathione is an antioxidant. Ozone pioneer Dr. Shallenberger makes a case that glutathione does not cancel out ozone to any significant degree. Yet, at the same time he says that he liked to give glutathione right before or right after a DIV (Direct ozone IV) because he would observe less vein irritation. Ozone can irritate veins when given in too high concentrations. He observed that glutathione negates ozone’s vein corroding actions. Which is in fact a perfect example of how glutathione directly counteracts ozone. So what some people experience as glutathione minimizing Herxheimer reactions might be instead glutathione halting ozone’s necessary and therapeutic actions.
4) Ozone therapy is the best way to raise glutathione levels. The human body will naturally adjust glutathione production during ozone therapy.
Many people receive ozone IVs together with glutathione IVs. Often without full disclosure of the associated risks which are substantial. They then encounter troubling and debilitating symptoms which they attribute to a Herxheimer reaction from ozone. What is happening instead is they are experiencing a glutathione IV triggered mobilization of one of the most toxic substances on our planet, mercury.
[All mentioned adverse reactions have been taken from real life accounts posted on the “Ozone to Health” and “Andy Cutler Chelation Think Tank” groups on Facebook.]
Information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. No health claims for these products have been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), nor has the FDA nor any other medical authority approved these products to diagnose, cure, or prevent disease. Since every person is unique, we highly recommend you to consult with your licensed health care practitioner about the use of ozone products in your particular situation. Neither The Power of Ozone nor the manufacturers of these items are responsible for the misuse of this equipment. It is highly advised to receive professional council from a licensed doctor before using Ozone Therapy on yourself.