Heat & Light Therapies
Heat and Light treatments are good for different skin conditions including eczema and psoriasis. New York City clients can learn more about adding an infrared sauna treatment or light therapies to your healing day at La Casa by calling 212-673-2272.
To maximize your healing at La Casa Spa we offer a special pricing you may add on as a Prelude or Encore to any of our one hour therapies. For Blue Light Therapy, CryoBlast, Light Bath, BioMat and Vitamin D Tanning are $20 add ons Read below for in-depth details on our Heat and Light Therapies.
A multi-sensory experience: infrared & violet lights, heat, aromatherapy, vibrational massage and oxygen.30 minutes: $80
The RejuvaPodTherapy works by evoking a cascade of healthy biochemical processes throughout the body that increases the body’s natural ability to fight pathogens, disease, and inflammation, and to be in top shape.
This state-of- the-art, NASA approved technology, uses a fine-tuned mixture of oxygen, light therapy, heat, vibration and essential oils to deliver dramatic results for wellness, healing, detoxification, anti-inflammation, cosmetic improvement, weight loss, and metabolic stabilization. The RejuvaPod works by evoking a cascade of healthy biochemical processes throughout the body that increases the body’s natural ability to fight pathogens, disease, and inflammation, and to be in top shape.
La Casa’s RejuvaPod Therapy has the following effects on the Mind/Body:
- Increases your metabolism and gives better cardiovascular efficiency: The accelerated heart rate induced by Far-Infrared Sauna Therapy (FIRT) is a form of workout for the heart and circulatory system. Heat has the inherent effect of causing stress on the body. The body reacts going through physiological changes. As your body heats up from FIRT, your basal metabolic rate increases about 6-7% for each degree your body temperature rises. Scientific research has shown that a mere 16-minute Pod session, three times a week for six weeks, significantly improved cardiovascular efficiency.
- Detoxification and Weight Loss: Detoxification and weight loss are intimately connected. When our bodies become overloaded with toxins, the kidneys and liver cannot adequately filter the toxins out of the cells. As a result, our fat cells accumulate waste products, and we gain weight. Many of us do not sweat sufficiently to eliminate the toxins from our bodies. Perspiration is a part of the complex thermoregulatory process of the body involving significant increases in cardiac output, heart rate, as well as metabolic rate, resulting in increased caloric burning. The analysis of FIRT-produced sweat shows that is made up of 80 to 85% water; the remaining 15 to 20% contains sodium, other trace minerals, fat soluble toxins, sulphuric and uric acids, ammonia, cholesterol and heavy metals such as lead, cadmium and mercury. These detoxed bodily substances reflect up to six times the amount of toxins and heavy metals found in traditional sweat. These toxins are mostly concentrated just under the skin in the subcutaneous layer of the body and are associated with numerous health problems. The FIRT session concentrates on the subcutaneous tissue layer. Kidneys and liver, then, are able to function more efficiently. A moderately heat-conditioned person will sweat off 500 grams in a session, consuming about 390 Kcal. This would be the equivalent energy expenditure of running 2 to 3 miles. After regular RejuvaPod use for a few weeks, it is not uncommon to double your rate of perspiration.
- Oxygenation: Oxygen nourishes the body, helps flush out toxins and impurities, and promotes the healing of injuries. Oxygen therapy has many benefits: confers energy enhancement and greater stamina; enables muscle recovery, which leads to less aches and pains; aids in restful sleep; increases clarity, memory, alertness; and contributes to an overall feeling of wellness. The aging process is associated with a drop in available oxygen to the skin cells. Oxygen provides the skin with much needed nutrients to repair and restructure it’s self from the inside out. The use of pure oxygen provides an energizing and healing effect to the skin cells, which is ideal for acne prone skin due to the anti-bacterial effects of oxygen. Oxygen stimulates collagen production at a cellular level speeding up the mitosis of the skin cells thus helping in the healing process, and reversing the damage caused by free radicals. Generally it takes only 3 to 5 minutes to oxygenate one’s blood; but the RejuvaPod session is a full 30 minutes, giving super-oxygenation. If one is suffering from: headaches, hangover, migraine, stress, fatigue, cramps, jet lag, heat exhaustion, or minor aches and pains, oxygen can provide relief.
- Cosmetic Improvements: Light Emitting Diode (LED) Therapy was developed by NASA in the 1980s to improve wound healing and tissue growth in space. NASA currently uses LED therapy to treat muscle and bone atrophy and decreased healing of wounds in astronauts. The US Navy also uses LED therapy on deep-sea submarines. Leading cancer treatment specialists are using LED lights to activate light-sensitive cancer treatment pills and are reporting outstanding results in fighting otherwise unreachable brain tumors. LED therapy is advancing the treatment of chemotherapy side effects such as severe mouth sores and lesions. The RejuvaNap uses red, infrared and yellow wavelengths of low-level pulses of light to stimulate cells, increase circulation, and promote collagen growth. Think of it as working like photosynthesis for the skin. Studies show that skin exposed to LED light wavelengths grows 150-200% faster. Therefore, it improves the cosmetic appearance of skin , and has been documented to be safe and effective for all skin types.
Red Light Therapy: Rejuvenates the skin by improving blood flow and increasing collagen production. Provides relief from chronic and acute pain including muscle pain, joint pain,
arthritis, high blood pressure, tissue and nerve damage, and decreases injury healing time.
Yellow Light Therapy: Stimulates the nervous and lymphatic systems, toning and strengthening the muscles under the epidermis, and brings tightness back to skin, thus aiding the
Skin has a high blood and water content, so it quickly absorbs the varying lights delivered to it.
Cosmetic benefits of the RejuvaPod LED Therapy:
• Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow`s feet
• Clears acne and minimizes pores
• Improves the appearance of skin tone and texture
• Restores skin’s natural collagen production
• Reduces melanin that causes brown spots
• Reduces the effects of sun-damaged skin
• Increases circulation and moisture
• Reduces skin degradation, redness and flushing
• Decreases scarring, redness, dry patches, itching and sensitivity
caused by eczema
• Stimulates and activates naturally occurring metabolic function
and nutritional elements
The RejuvaPod has no known negative side effects, creates no downtime, causes no pain, and requires no after-care.
Light Bath30 minutes: $80
Light is a REQUIRED NUTRIENT for the body (just like food and water). If you’re NOT doing at least 30 minutes of morning sun and 20-30 minutes of midday sun everyday, you need to start supplementing with light. Light works by making whatever cells you expose it to work better. Whatever part of your body you want to name, if you shine near or far-infrared light, or full spectrum light on it, it will become a healthier, better functioning version of itself.
NEAR AND FAR-INFRARED LIGHT
muscles • eyes • organs •sperm cells • stomach • joints
skin cells •wounds & damaged cells
• brain • enhances fat loss
FULL SPECTRUM WHITE LIGHT
•increases blood flow
• decreases inflammation
• increases production of Vitamin D
INFRARED SALT SAUNA30 minutes: $50
Enjoy our dry infrared sauna with over 100 pounds of salt blocks (Himalayan, Baltic Sea, and Black Sea) in room.