PURSUING A PATH OF PURITY
I am not in the habit of promoting products. For many years, the only products that La Casa carried were colon-cleansing herbs. We have been offering colonics, and have performed possibly more colonics than any other facility in the world (for more than 25 years, with two full-time and four part-time colon therapists).
Recently, in my first post-Hurricane Maria visit to La Casa Spa & Wellness Puerto Rico, I found Cannabinoid Water in the local health food store. For many local residents, it was the only source of clean drinking water. I loved the product, and we added it to the shelves of La Casa Spa & Wellness New York.
I am now adding one more of my very selective choices. It is the newest, and as far as I can tell, the best CBD formula on the market. There are so many CBD products these days, it’s hard to know the difference between the good, the bad and the sublime.
Read on to find out why I think Path of Purity (PoP) is special, more powerful, and more effective than all the others.
Lesson 101 On The
Human Endocannabinoid System (ECS):
Since its discovery in the 1980s, the ECS has been the subject of many scientific studies all over the world to evaluate its potential to positively impact a wide range of health conditions as well as their underlying disease causes and risk factors.
The ECS manages and regulates many of our body’s natural functions including:
- Motor Coordination/Control
- Pain Perception
- Immune response
- Bone Development
- The scope and complexity of these functions makes our ECS a bridge between mind and body, and thereby confers a foundation of emotional well-being and physical performance with health; or conversely, if our ECS is deficient, with decline and illness.
Our ECS is one of our body’s most powerful and vital healing and quality-of-life resource. This is because, despite ongoing changes and challenges faced from our external environment, our ECS helps us maintain a stable internal environment. This homeostatic stabilization requires the ECS to manage many complex processes: neuroprotection; stress recovery; immune balance; energy regulation through the activation of our body’s most complex signaling and neurotransmitter system, delivering instantaneous cellular communication and feedback.
To effect all this, the ECS is comprised of a network of two specialized types of receptors located throughout the body:
- CB1 receptors found primarily in the brain, nervous system, connective tissues, gonads, glands, and organs;
- CB2 receptors found primarily in the immune system, but, as well in the spleen, liver, heart, kidneys, bones, blood vessels, lymph cells, endocrine glands, and reproductive organs.
- CB1 and CB2 receptors are embedded in cell membranes. Many of our tissues contain both CB1 and CB2 receptors. ECS receptors are the most abundant receptors found in the brain. Collectively, our ECS uses this network of receptors much like a conductor of an orchestra—signaling receptors from our brain, to our organs, to our connective tissues, to our glands, and to our immune cells in order to adjust to even subtle changes in biochemical cues in the fluids surrounding each cell.
Whereas a conductor uses a baton to signal orchestra members to use different instruments and different movements toward the common goal of producing a great, harmonized sound, the ECS uses Endocannabinoids (which it manufactures on demand as needed) to direct different cell types to perform different actions toward the common goal of promoting and regulating homeostasis.
Each Endocannabinoid acts like a key within a lock when it interacts with either a CB1 or CB2 receptor, causing cells to harmonize and collaborate with other cells toward our body’s best outcome.
For example, when we are injured, our body’s best outcome is to minimize pain and damage caused by the injury while facilitating full recovery as promptly as possible. The ECS contributes to this outcome by releasing Endocannabinoids that signal three different cell types to undertake three different actions:
1. The injured tissue is “told” to reduce the release of activators and sensitizers;
2. Nerve cells are “told’ to stabilize to prevent excessive firing;
3. Nearby immune cells are “told” to calm down in order to prevent release of pro-inflammatory substances.
This injury example illustrates the unique capabilities of Endocannabinoids and our ECS:
- Endocannabinoids communicate with, and simultaneously coordinate, the actions of different cell types—causing them to work collaboratively.
- Endocannabinoids are the only neurotransmitter able to communicate backwards: neurotransmitters normally flow from presynaptic neurons to post-synaptic neurons. Going in the opposite direction enables Endocannabinoids to deliver feedback to a presynaptic cell. This is fundamental to homeostasis since if a neuron is firing messages too quickly, then endocannabinoids instruct it to slow down by traveling upstream and activating presynaptic CB1 receptors.
Why I Love PoP:
PoP is 100% organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and vegan.
There are two flavors: mildly sweet and not sweet. The mildly sweet one is sweetened with stevia leaves — not processed stevia. This is highly unsusual.
The stark blue color is NOT food dye. it comes from the mix of ingredients including chlorella.
PoP is a premium Full-Spectrum Phytocannabinoid-rich CBD administered in a measured and metered dose of 50mg PCR-CBD tablet form.
Other health-inducing ingredients include: Omega-3 (Alpha-Linolenic Acid); Omega-6 (Linolenic Acid); Omega-9 (Oleic Acid); All Natural Flavoring; Bioperine (Black Pepper).
Each tablet is scientifically-engineered with a dual-tier release delivery system. This release is matched to the innate capacity of our CB1 and CB2 receptors to utilize CBDs most effectively and ensure optimal bioavailability.
(1) Under the tongue release of the first 25mg in 30 seconds of intake,
(2) Time-release of the remaining 25mg, 3-6 hours later.
PoP is classified as a full spectrum, containing all 110 compounds found in hemp (including CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBN, CBC, THC, terpenes, essential vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, flavonoids, chlorophyll, fiber and protein oils). This is vital since research shows CBDs offer the greatest therapeutic contribution when these 110 compounds are combined. These compounds work synergistically to produce an entourage effect in which the therapeutic contribution of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
PoP has a premium proprietary formulation that exceeds federal regulations for industrial hemp. Unlike other CBD products that have been cross-bred for industrial purposes, or can be synthetic, or are have been found to be high in pesticides and/or heavy metals, PoP’s oil contains only superior, premium strains of PCR-CBD hemp oil.
The chart that follows shows the relationship between PoP’s PCR-CBD and the ECS. Although it may be too small to read the text, just pay attention to too the green dots; they are all the places in your body that have CB1 and CB2 receptors: in short, all over the place, and where it counts the most.
PoP can be purchased from La Casa for $150 a vial.
That price represents ten cents per mg. As well as being a great product, the price is an unparalleled value.
Contact me via email if you would like to have the product.
Thanks to James Comerford for help is preparing this Musings — he is the one who introduced me to PoP.