FLOATATION THERAPY – Consciousness expansion though sensory minimization
Flotation therapy services offer clients the ultimate in relaxation and healing from life’s stressful events. Below you will find our packages, as well as information to help you understand if floatation therapy is right for you. At La Casa, we offer the highest quality services in New York, to wash away the challenges of living in one of the world’s greatest cities. Call 212-673-2272 today to book a flotation appointment or find out about our flotation therapy specials.60 minutes; $90
The ultimate in relaxation. No parallel in terms of detoxification. Float into infinity in a luxurious flotation room.
• The rejuvenating effect on the brain is shown to be equivalent to five hours of sleep.
• The detoxifying effect on the body is equivalent to a three-day fast.
You float peacefully atop water that is saturated with mineralized salts, thus experiencing both buoyancy and weightlessness. Because there is no sensory stimulation in the chamber, you enter a state that is both extraordinarily quiet and intensely conscious.
Because the water is heated to the precise degree of skin temperature, there are no nerve transmissions traveling from the skin to the brain. As a result, the relaxation induced is utterly profound.
The concentration of salt to water in La Casa’s float room enables this therapy to deliver a wealth of positive effects to the body: it delivers, in effect, an ocean of energy. Bio-energetic deficits are re-balanced and weak links become strengthened, reactivating the body’s electric current. The organs’ functions start to resonate with the natural frequency patterns of the salt water. This activates the natural regulatory mechanism of the body and its self-healing powers.
Specific research shows the physiological effects from floating to be utterly profound.
• drop in blood pressure
• slowing of pulse rate
• allows the blood to circulate more freely throughout the body
• an increase in alpha and theta waves in the brain
• synchronous and symmetrical rhythms are achieved throughout the cortex
• a decrease in levels of the hormones associated with stress, the “fight or flight” hormones of epinephrine, nor-epinephrine, ACTH and cortisol
• pH levels and electrolytes are balanced; reduction of acidity
• heavy metals detoxification
• improvement of skin elasticity
• re-mineralization of skin
In contrast to a normal bath, in which moisture is extracted from the skin, the salt bath allows salt to be stored in the upper callous layer of the skin and binds the water. This maintains the natural, protective film of the skin and the skin does not dry out. In fact, skin elasticity is improved.
Clients who float report a sense of physical, emotional and spiritual well-being during and for some time after the float. And our state-of-the-art UV light filtration and ozonation system assures you a sterile, bacteria-free environment.
Ladies: Your hair will get wet. It is, after all, a water treatment.
Weight Limit: 200 lbs.
Please Note: There is only one (1) flotation chamber available.
BEFORE YOUR FLOAT:
– Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
– If you are late, your float session may need to be cut short to ensure the following appointment can start on time. Allow yourself plenty of time to get to our center – it’s much harder to relax into the tank if you’ve been rushing
– It’s best to avoid shaving the day of your float (or at least 12 hours before your appointment), as any minor cuts will sting (we provide petroleum jelly to cover any small cuts or abrasions)
– Avoid wearing contact lenses as water may drip into your eyes causing irritation and stinging
– If pregnant, please let us know at time of booking; it is safe to float after the 1st trimester (week 1-12)
– Do not have a large meal before our session; it may make it hard for you to relax
– We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone we may suspect are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
AFTER YOUR FLOAT:
– Please be mindful of the time, do not take too long to shower after your float
– Consider that we may have another client waiting and we need to allow sufficient time to get the room ready for the next client
– Leave all towels in float room; we will pick it all up
To learn more about the history and benefits of flotation, click here.