Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy $160 (60 min)
People relax, nap, or lie comfortably in this chamber and take deep breaths in the session that lasts one hour.
Your ears may feel plugged as the pressure is raised, like when you’re in an airplane or the mountains. Simple swallowing will “pop” the ears back to normal hearing levels.
Your blood carries the extra oxygen throughout the body, infusing the injured tissues that need more oxygen so they can begin healing.
This is a chamber built for one person. It’s a long, plastic tube that resembles an MRI machine. The person slips into the chamber. It is slowly pressurized with 100% oxygen.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is used to treat several medical conditions:
- Severe anemia
- Brain abscess
- Bubbles of air in your blood vessels (arterial gas embolism)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Crushing injury
- Deafness, sudden
- Decompression sickness
- Infection of skin or bone that causes tissue death
- Nonhealing wounds, such as a diabetic foot ulcer
- Radiation injury
- Skin graft or skin flap at risk of tissue death
- Traumatic brain injury
- Vision loss, sudden and painless